MY HEART AND ME
with Bro. Sam Nwankwo
I'm asked to talk on MY HEART AND ME tonight
I wish to request that you gradually follow me as I run a little introduction on what the heart denotes and it's power there of.
Let's look at the meaning of the word HEART.
Ordinarily speaking, the heart is a hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation to the entire body. The heart being the centre (locus) of the physical and spiritual being, represents the central wisdom of feeling (emotions) and life essence. The heart is so strategically positioned just as the centre between the brain and the sex organs. It is not by mistake. I'll tell you the implication as we move further 😂😂.
The heart announces the beginning of life and its end as well. That's why if a baby is born, even if no part of the baby is moving, you check the heart. If a man is dying, even if every other part has failed, you check the heart too, to confirm whether it's time to start organizing committee of friends to to to ….you know what I mean. The heart is so powerful that even the bible says that out of it, comes the issues of life. Infact, NLT puts it this way;
Proverbs 4:23 (Msg); "Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts".
Having got this this stage, permit me to put it this way
HEART = FEELINGS/EMOTIONS
HEART = THOUGHTS
At this point, I want to move to the next stage of this webinar, where we shall vividly examine the power of the heart.
Naturally speaking, blood represents life. The entire work of the heart is to pump life to the entire body.
So, when the bible says that out of the heart comes the issues of life, I hope you are now getting an idea of what the bible is talking about there?
Your thought is your life. Your life is completely the manifestation of the dorminant thoughts that go on in your life.
The bible talks about the law of sowing and reaping. The harvest you reap depends on what you plant. Every thought that goes on within you is a seed, believe me, it grows and bears fruits and you reap it too.
Let me digress a little bit. Also read: Teenage Excellence
Ephesians 3:20 states that God is able to do all that we ask or think; denoting two ways we can reach God (either by asking or thinking). Men and brethren, it's not every time we have the opportunity to ask in words but believe, every time, millions of thoughts go on in our heart. Most of the things that happen to us are just answered prayers made not with our lips but our thoughts😢😢😢. There is force of attraction naturally induced in the universe between the things of the universe and the thoughts of men. You set a universal frequency with your thoughts which could permit anything in resonance with them to fall in. What you think about, you bring about. Prosperous men think prosperity. Loved and happy people and those who first of all, feel the love and happiness for themselves within.
Let me shock you, it's impossible to be healthy emotionally and be sick physically.
A man who loves complaining will naturally attract more reasons to complain. It's just natural😄😄. When God wants to transform (change for better) a man, he starts by changing the way he thinks. Look at the bible;
Rom 12:2 (NLT)
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Next stage; having touched the power of thoughts, let's look at one of the major issues of life that flow from the heart.
It's called love. Its symbol is 💓
Can you imagine!!
There is nobody who cannot define love here based on their understanding. However, the most accurate definition of love I have seen is the one I saw in the bible. Now, watch this 👇
1 Corinthians 13:4-8: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- Love never fails.
LOVE = Patience + Kindness - Envy -
WHO ELSE READ THE FIRST SENTENCE IN VERSE 8?
The Message states it this way;
Love never dies
Simply put, love is not time bound; love is not condition bound. Love doesn't dwell in time but eternity😄
There is a very thin line between love and lust. They have so many things in common, but the truth is all the ingredients mentioned in 1 Cor 13: 4-8 make up a whole called love; if one is removed, what you have is lust
Lust is simply a distortion of love; an 'incomplete love'. 😂😂
Love nwere 'colona bailus' inside.
I want everyone to read this story 👇👇
2 Samuel 13; In the course of time, Amnon son of David fell in love with Tamar, the beautiful sister of Absalom son of David.
2 Amnon became so obsessed with his sister Tamar that he made himself ill. She was a virgin, and it seemed impossible for him to do anything to her.
3 Now Amnon had an adviser named Jonadab son of Shimeah, David’s brother. Jonadab was a very shrewd man.
4 He asked Amnon, “Why do you, the king’s son, look so haggard morning after morning? Won’t you tell me?” Amnon said to him, “I’m in love with Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”
5 “Go to bed and pretend to be ill,” Jonadab said. “When your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘I would like my sister Tamar to come and give me something to eat. Let her prepare the food in my sight so I may watch her and then eat it from her hand.’”
6 So Amnon lay down and pretended to be ill. When the king came to see him, Amnon said to him, “I would like my sister Tamar to come and make some special bread in my sight, so I may eat from her hand.”
7 David sent word to Tamar at the palace: “Go to the house of your brother Amnon and prepare some food for him.”
8 So Tamar went to the house of her brother Amnon, who was lying down. She took some dough, kneaded it, made the bread in his sight and baked it.
9 Then she took the pan and served him the bread, but he refused to eat. “Send everyone out of here,” Amnon said. So everyone left him.
10 Then Amnon said to Tamar, “Bring the food here into my bedroom so I may eat from your hand.” And Tamar took the bread she had prepared and brought it to her brother Amnon in his bedroom.
11 But when she took it to him to eat, he grabbed her and said, “Come to bed with me, my sister.”
12 “No, my brother!” she said to him. “Don’t force me! Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don’t do this wicked thing.
13 What about me? Where could I get rid of my disgrace? And what about you? You would be like one of the wicked fools in Israel. Please speak to the king; he will not keep me from being married to you.”
14 But he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he raped her.
15 Then Amnon hated her with intense hatred. In fact, he hated her more than he had loved her. Amnon said to her, “Get up and get out!”…
The end of the matter was that
- Tammar never got married aside loosing her dignity, pride, self worth, etc as a beautiful princess.
- Amnon was killed by Absalom
Did you see how verse one put the story?? Who else noticed the Corona love there? There are several occasions where lust presents itself as love in real life. The difference is that, at all occasions, it's always infected by Deficiency syndromes. Look at what I mean here. If you choose to show kindness to someone, even if it's forever, but with selfish interest, it's not love. Love is not one of the above listed attributes but a combination of all of them. There is a dimension of love where sex is involved (as in marriage), but love is not sex. Love is not romance ( kissing, pecking, carrasing, etc).
It is beyond sympathy. Love is not all about show of care and attention. It is not gifts. You can give because you love but you can't love because you give. Also read: Rise From Your Limitations
TRIGGERS OF LUST
Most of us young people put ourselves in conditions that make us easy prey to an enemy called lust. Few days ago, I had a deliverance case to handle, but before then, I had to interview the young lady to know how it all started. As at that point, she was a porn addict and was also into lesbianism after her boyfriend left her. She told me that it all started when she grabbed a show magazine to watch, from there, she started using the Aunty's phone to download pornographic videos. ….
It's possible that we have some people who are addicted to pornography here. It's possible there are people who masturbate here, even lesbians can also be reading along. Funny enough, some of these people are young people who are looked up to as 'drivers' of the youth arms of the church.
There are gateways through which your hearts can be fed. Permit me to remind you that you are what you feed on. What you see, hear, feel, etc have a long way to influence what you become.
Lust can be triggered by
- Your environment ( biotic and abiotic). Once you keep finding your self in an environment where lust is promoted, brother, you are gone. A young lady once needed a 'help', at the long run, I discovered that she was working in a nite club. It was difficult to help her with her changing her job. If you are addicted to lust , check the environment, including friends, you discover yourself in their mist.
- What we hear. Uncle, if you keep listening to words, as well as music that promote lust, you do will become a living testimony of the lyrics. Any word you hear is either spirit and life or spirit and death. In all cases, words are not ordinary but spirits. You can't be looking for help, if all the songs in your gallery are kiss me kiss me till I lose control, ukwu, baby you carry, can I have you tonight, etc. Delete such songs and help yourself and your generation
- What we see. A porn movie takes almost a year to leave your memory when watched once. Unfortunately, maths formula you see once takes one minute sometimes to disappear. One of the persons that was asking for help last week we is also writing jamb tomorrow morning said, she only remembers the porn movie she watched whenever she wants to read. She feels like going back to them. Sometimes I she would start touching her private parts as she remembers them. As much as you can, avoid Nollywood, telemundo, zeeworld, etc😂. They have their own way of mal-feeding your heart
All these big boys here that have sexy wallpapers of Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. As far as you keep looking at those upper and lower Chambers of their national assembly, you are not safe. Hoha!
- The books you read. There are books whose primary aim is to engage married people in romance dimension. Some are just so part that they aim at arousing the sexual urges of the youths. It's not every books you must read. Romantic novels and magazines are not too good for your emotional health.
Let's quickly look at the Outcomes of Lust (Love Abuse)
- Exam failure: I know of countless number of undergraduates that will never graduate or graduate well because of Love Abuse. It's rare to see a porn addict who performs optimally academically. Most of the people who are so scared of exams are people who have spent their time handling one lover or the other either on social media or physically. Love abuse leads to failure in exams
- Heatbreaks: Hmmmm! This one is a matter! If you've ever seen seen an under 18 young lady whose heart is broken, fadalawd😄
Lemme reserve my comments
Some of them can wear slippers to Meat market without money sef😂😂
- Sleepless Nights: There are some people here who chat till 2am. They wake up by 5am and continue. Ask them what they have been chatting, they don't even know.
…voom, hanti now says she no do again. Heart breaks, liver scatters, brain bursts😂😂😂
- Pregnancy and abortion: This is one thing no one should ever pray for. It can make you look as if you are the only carnal person in town. Abortion another experience one should never imagine. However, they flow naturally when love is abused
_ unnecessary anger
_ addiction such as drug and alcohol addiction
_Some can even go to the extent of joining cult to prove a point in love
_Sexually transmitted diseases as well as spiritually transmitted diseases. Condom can protect you from sexually transmitted diseases but not spiritually transmitted diseases. Abstaining from sex is the best.
I want to summarize by suggesting some of the ways to manage your emotions:
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Proverbs 4:23 (Msg)
Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts. Putting God 'in front' of the places you go, what you listen to and what you think about daily will go a long way to help you. There is a war terminology used here to denotes the serious of this matter. It states keep vigilant!!! It's not a moi moi matter. It's something you deliberately and forcefully do if you love yourself. In addition, get someone you can be accountable to. No matter how spiritual we are, we are all humans. When you do, endeavor to be sincere with the person.
- Avoid environments and circumstances that would make you susceptible to lust or the dangers there of. I still wonder what Tammar was doing when they were closing the door. Common sense should have sent a signal to her. Those of you who regularly visit an ungodly environments and friends should as well avoid them as much as possible.
Avoid lonely places and dark corners with opposite sex as well. Unnecessary body contact is not too good for your emotional health. Not all boys can withstand the dangling chests of sisters in the name of hugging, and otherwise
Finally, break the circuit
_ delete all porn related pics
_ cut off from bad friends
_ Flee where applicable
God bless you
Facebook page @ WE INSPIRE